A blog of hopeful, inspired living: cooking & baking & growing & harvesting & preserving & gleaning & eating & sharing food... while bringing positive change to my kitchen and our food system.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Something Different: Photo Card Auction for #afundforjennie


Thus far, I've only posted food posts and food photos. You are in for something totally different today. As I wrote about last week, food blogger Jennie Perillo's husband recently died from a sudden heart attack, leaving her and her two small children with a tremendous weight of grief. Several food-blogger friends started Bloggers Without Border as a way to jump-start this fundraising event and online auction to raise funds to help Jennie and her girls. The results have been tremendous, uplifting and inspiring.


These botanical photo cards are my contribution to the auction for #afundforjennie: in addition to my love of food and taking photos of food, I also enjoy taking photos of flowers, plants and all things in nature. And I love my sweetheart for his patience as I lag behind on big hikes, hovering for long moments over small blossoms and crawling on my stomach through leaf litter.

The first 3 people who make a donation of $25 or more to #afundforjennie, by clicking the donate button below, and leaving a comment on this post letting me know that you made a donation will receive 5 original photo greeting cards (on watercolor-weight card stock), complete with matching envelopes, shipped anywhere in the U.S. You will receive one of each photo here or you can request multiples of specific photos, totaling 5 cards.  If the link below does not work, go HERE and click on the donate button. I will ship your photo cards within 10 days.  You can also browse other auction items.
Donate to Bloggers Without Borders

Thank you for for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment